in this section, I will explain current German politics and why the Euro-Crisis is so dangerous for the stability of that country. I am living in the US – however, of german descent and editor of this website. I am living far away from Germany and I am not a party member of „Alternative für Deutschland“. However, current developments in Germany worry me:
- Winners of WW I have dictated reparations in the treaty of Versailles – Germany not a independent at that time. Similar to the treaty of Versailles in 1919, the Maastricht treaty is now source of a dispute on national independence – Germany gave away a lot of power to the European Union.
- In 1989 – Germany had to join and pay for the Euro to get an agreement for german re-unification of the winners of WWII. Germany still was an occupied country that time – Germans hat to ask for permission from the allied forces.
- Because of the Euro-Crisis – Germany is now facing high payments – the right-wing asks: do we still have a national budget – or do we give all the taxpayers money away? Same questions in the 1920ies when Germany hat to pay reparations.
- Now the new party „Alternative für Deutschland“ wants to hold a national referendum. Same thing happened when Stahlhelm organization, NSDAP and others ran for a referendum to introduce a ‚Law against the Enslavement of the German People‘ in 1929.
- In 1929, the world was facing a financial crisis, people were suffering. In 2013, Germany’s economy is still strong – people still wealth. What if times change?
- In 1932, 52 University professors called to vote NSDAP in party newspaper „Völkischer Beobachter“ – AfD Party members may remeber this one….
In both times – 192x and 201x, lack of democracy, national independence and high payments to foreign states is the root cause of new political movements. How will it end this time?
In the following weeks, I will summarize reports from germany that I have published on behalf of the party members of „Alternative für Deutschland“ in Germany.
John Doe, Editor of „Alternativer AfD Newsletter“